1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Prius C??

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by John Douglas, Dec 2, 2012.

1. John Douglas

John Douglas Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Soooo this may end up being a terrible first post and I'm sure can easily be mod-deleted but....

I've done a little bit of searching and didn't find any consistent information on a 2013 Prius C in terms of availability or differences. I'm interested in buying a Prius C with:
    -III trim
    -Sunroof
    -Security system (already had my car broken into once with street parking I'm stuck with)
    -Black :)

I've received initial quotes close to $22,084 with the recent grad rebate taken into effect. I'm hoping to get more off with a trade in, and some negotiation. The latter would help if I new a 2013 model would be popping into lots and would institute price drops on these remaining 2012's. I'm completely fine waiting a month or two if that's what it would take to see this happen.

Thanks for the feedback.

J

2. koipond

koipond Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    The dealer where I bought my Prius C (four) told me that the 2013 model is basically a continuation of the 2012 model (which was introduced mid-year anyway). So that's not gospel, but it's a possible indication that the 2013 model will just be the 2012 model with a different year number.

FYI that I had first bought a black Prius C three with 15" alloy wheels, keyless entry, but no sunroof (because no models anywhere close by had sunroofs). I really wanted a factory sunroof (this car's roofline makes aftermarket installation not ideal) but relented and got the one on the lot because it was basically everything I wanted except the sunroof. Wouldn't you know 2.5 weeks later as I came to pick up my tags there parked by the front door was my fantasy Prius c with the sunroof. My title had just gone through but regardless I couldn't help it and traded my first model C (for a slight loss) and got the Prius 4 with the sunroom (and faux leather which I really love now that I have it).

why am I telling you all this? Because if you know you want a sunroof be sure to be patient and get it... even if it means ordering your car from the factory or waiting a few weeks for a dealer to track one down.

My new C is the dark blue which I love, but I also loved the black. I think those two colors, and the hard-to-find orange color, look the best on this car.

Oh, BTW I paid about 23 K for the model 3 with no sunroof, so retail would have added another $800 for the sunroof package. Depending on your grad-school discount 22K might be doable (or close to it)

John Douglas likes this.