1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Prius , Finally caller Id on screen- Toyota got it working on latest update

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by equalizr458, Apr 16, 2014.

1. equalizr458

equalizr458 Junior Member

I have a 2013 Prius (regular Prius) package 4 and a Verizon HTC Rezound phone, I never got caller ID, to show up only accept or deny the incoming call on the screen. the weird thing is, if you are on a call & someone calls you the caller id appears- go figure. (I had also tried an HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Galaxy 4 and a HTC Droid DNA phone on the car as well & none gave me caller id either.), I complained to Toyota, but no luck, figured I was just stuck with it this way & have gotten used to it, for the last 14 months and at least the phone pairs with the car, thank god for that. I have gotten friendly with the bluethooth /accessories guy at my local dealership lately & we tried a newer firmware usb key a few week back, but again no luck. He said they will be getting a new one in the next week or so & it will work 110%. I said I will believe it when I see it. checked with him last week through texts, no luck , Monday he thought it had arrived, he was off yesterday, so I just popped in this morning, caught him, he said he only had 5 minutes where is the car he says, The USB key was still sealed in the Toyota bag, never used once, I said great I am the guiena pig, & asked if we could downgrade if it makes my situation worse, he said no problem, stuck the USB key in it said upgrade 2.1 something to 3.2 something & hit accept, it had 8 parts to upgrade 1 of 8 through 8 of 8. it took about 4- 5minutes to finish, & we took the key out turned of the car & restarted it & it worked, I could not believe it, finally after a year & 3 months I actually have caller id on my screen with the picture of my girlfriend on the screen as well her name, phone number & a picture if you have it associated with a phone number.(gmail). so if you don't have your caller id working, go over to Toyota & get the latest firmware update & maybe it will fix yours as it did mine. I have no idea how he as so sure it would work, but he was 110% correct as he said he would be. BTW it said in the update something about apps being updated, not sure if it upgraded the NAV maps, he thinks so, but I don't really care as streets in Miami, fl ,don't change very much

dorunron likes this.
  2. maurices

maurices Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    What exactly is updated with the newer firmware usb key? I have an appointment tomorrow for my 2013 and would ask that this is done too.

3. equalizr458

equalizr458 Junior Member

Not sure exactly, he had a brand new usb thumb drive & it fixed the caller ID part
    I don’t use entune, so I didn’t notice anything more, on any of my screens
    I don’t even go to apps in the display, so there might be more there than before- no idea
    but it did say updating 8 items
    So happy I finally have caller id, no texts , but I don’t think my phone supports that in the car- but no big deal I don’t really text much
    Hope this helps

Did you get the firmware done today & what did it do if any thing ?