1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Prius V: Can you upgrade the center console cupholder?

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Taffer, Jun 29, 2023.

1. Taffer

Taffer New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    III
    I have a 2013 Prius V (unknown trim level, but I think 2 or 3), and the center console cupholder is just... weirdly smaller than any other I've seen. I can't find a good water bottle or travel coffee mug that fits it well (they might sort of fit, but only sink about 1 inch into it and then stick up even higher/feel like they might tip out). Paper cups tend to fit just fine, but I'd like to use my own.

I found an old thread on removing the whole cupholder and button (ECO/EV/PWR) panel by rocking it gently back and forth until the plastic clips loosen, but does anyone have any thoughts on removing the cupholder itself? Any sources for an upgrade or replacement? It really just needs to be a fraction of an inch wider at the bottom. The secret drawer cupholder is just about the right size (though sometimes it's tight enough that picking up the water bottle pulls the removable cupholder insert out of the drawer).

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    This cup fits and has a good top

3. Taffer

Taffer New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    III
    Hmm; I don't see the cup you mention? Maybe the forum removed it, if it was a link?

4. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    You probably have an ad blocker on your device. I see the link even in your reply.

Search Amazon for
    Topadorn Ceramic Travel Mug Porcelain

IMG_2285.jpeg

5. Taffer

Taffer New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    III
    Ah, that could be it. Thanks!
    I'm still interested in my original question, but I'll see about getting this or a similar cup as an alternative.