1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Prius v first use of Entune failure

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by wwiivehicles, Sep 29, 2013.

1. wwiivehicles

wwiivehicles New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I've been trying to use Entune on our new 2013 Prius v.
    Everytime I go in it wants to do an update. However, when I try to do the update while connected to my Android phone it goes to 25% and fails.
    If I used a iPhone, connected via USB, it goes to 32% and fails.

Any tips / tricks on getting this @$!&# feature to work??

Thanks

2. Kurt E Sanders

Kurt E Sanders Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I saw the exact same errors with my iTouch on the WiFi in the garage. Each time I attempted the upgrade it recommended, it would fail, but get further with each fail. After repeated attempts at the upgrade, Entune finally updated fully so it would bring up the applications on the Prius.

So, all I can offer is "Try, Try Again" process which is pretty sad for a routine upgrade that they could either provide Over The Air (OTA) or via an USB memory device and a downlink in the Toyotacare website (which they will not provide at current time).

Hope someone else found a better process.

3. wwiivehicles

wwiivehicles New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Today got it up to 72% and now keeps saying BlueTooth error, though the devices, 2 phones and an iTouch, do connect.
    Cest la vie.
    We'll keep trying and hopefully sometime soon it'll get updated.

Thanks for the info that we're not the only ones!

4. Kurt E Sanders

Kurt E Sanders Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    See, you are making progress, although slow. I had to take a break and return, almost as though the download demons were hoping that I would give up. It will update, it just is like playing roulette and waiting for your luck to hit. I wish I could give you another path, but the problem is NOT with your devices, but in their weak update process. When I called ToyotaCare to complain and ask/plead for the firmware via a USB key, they said that did not exist, since the process to update Entune was OTA. What irony, I kept reminding them that their OTA did not work, and that it was not my iDevice. They were unsympathetic to my agony... so I brute forced the repeated downloads and eventually I was greeted with an update, that really did not seem to provide any new functionality that I desired.

5. wwiivehicles

wwiivehicles New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Yeah, I'll have to be patient. Just frustrating that here's the much touted Entune and I have yet been able to use it.

6. MBRGuru

MBRGuru Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Try doing a "Delete Personal Data" to refresh everything. I've heard that helps with the download problems. Also, turn off WiFi on the phone. You may want to try the latter first.

7. wwiivehicles

wwiivehicles New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Tried tonight, twice, and didn't download anything.
    I'll try again without WiFi.

8. wwiivehicles

wwiivehicles New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Zip, nada!!!
    1 1/2 weeks and still not able to use a feature in my car!

9. wwiivehicles

wwiivehicles New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Sent an e-mail to Toyota Support. Will keep updated on what, if anything, they suggest.

10. wwiivehicles

wwiivehicles New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Got an e-mail back from Toyota to check the
    firm ware must be equipped with Entune 2.2. Please check you head unit by pressing “Set Up”, then press “General" and then scroll all the way down and press “System Information”.
    That's all very interesting, but our Prius doesn't have a System Information option!!!
    Going to have to call them tomorrow.
    2 weeks and counting of not being able to use the much touted Entune!! I'm so not impressed.

11. wwiivehicles

wwiivehicles New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Was able to call Toyota tonight and they weren't able to help at all except to suggest call the dealer to fix it.
    Definitely didn't want to do that so took the little woman on a drive and while she shopped I was finally able to finish the update.

Chazz8 likes this.
  12. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I like a happy ending.

Thank you for sharing your whole experience wwiivehicles.