1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Prius v Five USB issues

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by Gerald, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Gerald

Gerald New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    On our way from IL to Cali and we can't charge our IPHONE 5's. We get "Power Consuption of USB device too high. USB Decice will therefore be turned off". We are using original USB cable from APPLE. We are not running a lot of apps at the same time. We have navigation. TAHE CAR BATTERY IS fully charged. Heated seats are off on cruise control. Is there a fix for this? We have gotten to New Mexico when we noticed this issue started happening. We spent the night here and noticed it won't charge once we hit the highway this morning!

2. Gerald

Gerald New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Update it is happening even when I just plug in the USB cable and no phone

3. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Bad cable? Do you have another one you can try?

4. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    We see this on our 2012 v Five when connecting a Nokia Lumia 900 to the USB Aux port. Doesn't happen with any other device to which the Lumia is connected. Seems to be a pervasive issue with the USB Aux port. So we charge the Lumia from the 12V outlet via a USB charger insert and connect the Lumia via Bluetooth.

5. dragon123

dragon123 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I just bought a Prius 2013 and after 3-4 days of normal driving, I am seeing a message that "USB device power consumption is too high and therefore will be turned off". I have not connected any thing to the USB port. Are there some default devices that are already connected to USB port in Prius ?
    I dont know what will happen if I really connect a USB device to the USB port. What should I do ?

6. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    So give it a whirl? What could possibly go wrong?