1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Prius v Model 2 ???

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Capecodbeachfront, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Capecodbeachfront

Capecodbeachfront Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Two questions that so far I have not figured out...
    1. It appears I do NOT have an auto setting for my headlights, etc?
    I have been driving General Motors products for awhile so I fully expect the v would have automatic lights. By Automatic lights I mean the daytime lights are on during day and headlights come on at dark. Salesperson said they all do??? Guess she was wrong? Since I DO NOT see AUTO setting what setting should I use? I was thinking of leaving it in headlights on setting? Yes? No? I assume the settings are not buried somewhere in the "CAR SETTINGS" menu?
    2. Some online Prius v Model 2 descriptions mention heated seats... Again so far I have found nothing that suggests I have them???
    Still learning many of the functions and settings options... For the first time today I actually discovered the "nudge" selection capabilities of the center "AUTO" button. Did not know it went left or right to make selections....

2. Diver Allen

Diver Allen Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I have a 2013 V Mod 2. I have heated seats but it is because I purchased a leatheresque upholstery upgrade that included the heaters. The basic car did not come with seat heaters.

I just found recently that I could change the Headlight delay setting via the console menus to Zero seconds which I like. Now I leave my headlights on all the time - they are on during the day and night. When I turn the car off the lights turn off when I open the door instead of the x second delay. You could keep the delay if you like. The lights will turn themselves off.

Regards,
    Allen

3. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    There are 5 levels of accessories you can buy with a v. Which come with which package is documented in the printed brochures and on the web site.