1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Repair Manual? 60,000 mile tuneup

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by headamuse, Jul 14, 2015.

1. headamuse

headamuse Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I bought my 2013 prius with 57k miles on it (my first prius and I love it!)

I hit 60,000 miles last week and wanted to know if anyone has a repair manual for the 2013 prius two?
    I've searched the forum and the internet but it seems like no one is selling one for 2013. Can I use a 2010 or have they changed things over the years at all?

Also does anyone have any recommendations of things that need to be done at 60,000 miles on a 2013?
    I'm planning on taking it into the toyota dealership but I figure I'd try to hit up all the easy maintenance myself before hand like air filters, spark plugs etc. just to save a few bucks.

Any help is appreciated.

Priusguy78213 likes this.
  2. mmmodem

mmmodem Senior Taste Tester

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    headamuse likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome and congrats!(y) 2010 service manual should work fine. all the best!

headamuse likes this.
  4. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    1. You can obtain factory repair manual info at techinfo.toyota.com which is a subscription website. The information available there is much more comprehensive when compared to third party alternatives.
    2. Look at the owner's warranty and maintenance booklet regarding the 60K mile maintenance schedule, which you can also access on the toyota.com website. At 60K miles all you need to do is to change the engine oil, oil filter, engine air filter, and cabin air filter, and perform inspections of the engine compartment, suspension, brakes, and exhaust system. Tire rotation is optional, if you see the front tires are worn more than the rear tires then rotate front to rear and vice versa. You also might drain and replace the transaxle ATF to gain extra credit. The iridium spark plugs are replaced at 120K miles so you do not need to be concerned with that task at this time. Hence, you really can do all of the required maintenance and there is no need to visit the local Toyota dealership or any other repair outlet.