1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Won't go into Park

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Hayden Price, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Hayden Price

Hayden Price New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I just spent a few hours yesterday replacing all the plastic lining on top of the front wheel wells as well as the plastic under the front bumper.

I finish, put my wheels on, lower the car, torque the wheels, and try to start my car. I get the message "P LOCK MALFUNCTION WHEN PARKING, PARK IN FLAT PLACE AND APPLY PARKING BRAKE SECURELY."

The car will not go into drive, the park button does not engage anything, and I basically cannot do anything. The parking brake is not useful either. I have checked my 12v battery in the back and I have trickle charged overnight. No change. Am I going to have to have it towed to the dealer? Pretty frustrating considering (to the best of my knowledge, who knows) nothing was changed or touched.

Anybody know what's going on?

Thanks in advance.

2. Hayden Price

Hayden Price New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Well, not seconds after posting I found a blown fuse using the diagnostic screen. Thread can be closed! Sorry about that!

NutzAboutBolts likes this.