1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2014 Gen3 defroster not blowing

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Keeb, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Keeb

Keeb New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Everyone. After searching the threads for this issue, it's great to find a site with knowledgeable and friendly people to help out. I was able to find the HVAC service manual that Mendel Leisk posted and that did help and thank you for doing that.
    My gf has this issue in her car. She started telling me that she heard a snapping sound and where it was coming from and now all of the blower vents are or aren't functioning in various ways.
    I dug in behind the glove box and found what I'll call the cam wheel popped off the center housing, and everything floating in the breeze. The outlet servo motor works along with the inlet servo and valve, and front vents function, but the arm in the attached picture ( doesn't seem to have full travel) and I am figuring this is what forced the cam from its mount.
    The arm only turns about 10°, does anyone know if this is normal, and what direction should I go in?
    I am already half way to having the dash cover out so it's not much farther I guess. My gf doesn't remember dropping anything down the vent, and we're waiting to hear back from her daughter who would have been the only other driver.

Thank you!!!

Jason

Attached Files:

2. Keeb

Keeb New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I want to thank everyone for the disappointment. Goodnight.

bisco likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base