1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2014 Lexus IS 300h F Sport - Not for U.S. Market!

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Sergiospl, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    2014 Lexus IS 300h is not coming to the US,.. or not yet!

Lexus IS 300h tops class in Green Vehicle Guide

2014 Lexus IS 300h F-Sport
    Reinforcing the company's commitment to the future of full hybrid drive technology, the new Lexus IS 300h is equipped with a second generation Lexus Hybrid Drive system, which offers significant reductions in fuel consumption and CO2, NOx and particulate (PM) emissions, with no loss of performance.

The full hybrid drive system combines a powerful 105 kW/143 DIN hp electric motor with a newly developed, 2.5 litre, 133 kW/181 DIN hp, four-cylinder Atkinson cycle petrol engine featuring a next generation D-4S fuel injection system, Dual VVT-i and a high-efficiency Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) system.

With the rear wheels driven through the hybrid system's Electric Continuously Variable Transmission (E-CVT), total system power is 164 kW/223 DIN hp. The new IS 300h combines a 0-100 km/h acceleration time of 8.3 seconds and a maximum speed of 200 km/h.

Conversely, the new Lexus full hybrid returns an average fuel consumption of 4.3 l/100 km, and class-leading CO2 emissions from 99 g/km.

The new IS 300h is also the first Lexus full hybrid to install the battery beneath the luggage deck board, offering compartment capacity on a par with that of petrol engine models.

Sequential Shiftmatic
    The IS 300h's transmission can also act as a sequential shiftmatic system operated via steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters. The system has been tuned to more closely match engine speed increases in line with vehicle acceleration. Under deceleration, engine braking force is delivered in six steps, with a shift feel similar to that of a manual transmission. In combination, these E-CVT enhancements offer drivers a more engaging driving experience.

Active Sound Control (ASC)
    The driving experience is further enhanced through the adoption of Active Sound Control (ASC); a new technology that compliments the engine sound with audio sound through a dedicated loudspeaker, delivering the engine sounds of acceleration and deceleration even when the engine is turned off and the full hybrid IS 300h is operating under electric motor power alone. Lexus IS (2014) - page 2
    New Lexus IS - LEXUS Press Conference (Geneva Motor Show 2013) - YouTube

austingreen likes this.
  2. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    It sounds like 15 kw more power than the camry hybrid. I wonder why it is slower to 100 kmh.

3. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    For those of you with expendable income but emotional and mental problems that demand the comfort of believing you are constantly burning fossil fuel we present:

Active Sound Control (ASC), a new technology that compliments engine sound with audio sound through a dedicated loudspeaker, delivering the engine sounds of acceleration and deceleration even when the engine is turned off and full hybrid IS 300h is operating under electric power alone.

Are you kidding me? That's a beautiful looking vehicle but the idea that somebody would want a hybrid with "fake" engine noise, to mask the silent efficiency of Non-Petrol burning moments. I think I just want to punch somebody who would actually want that....

I mean come on? What is that? Do you impress you overly anorexic date with the Raccoon Eyed Mascara with the "powerful" growl of your FAKE engine sounds? I mean somewhere around the age of 11-12 I took the playing cards out of the spokes of my Bicycle.....it wasn't fun anymore. To anyone wanting this feature I'd say "Grow Up".

Besides that? Looks like a very nice machine.....with fake engine sound piped into the cabin.

tomlondon and Sergiospl like this.
  4. jameskatt

jameskatt Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    4.3 L/100 kM = 54.7 Miles per Gallon!

0-60 mph = 8.2 seconds!

Top speed = 120 MPH!

Lexus has got to bring this into the U.S.

It would sell like hotcakes.

5. jameskatt

jameskatt Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The problem of Hybrids with sports car enthusiasts is that they love the engine noise.

Muscle cars sound muscular precisely because of the engine roar.

6. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    :D Yeah, they engineered fake engine noise and a nice Mark Levinson stereo system.

7. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I think it is because it would likely kill ES 300h sales. This car with the F Sport package would sell, sell, sell.

8. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm okay with loving engine noise. I'm not okay with wanting fake engine noise piped in through a speaker.

9. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    When we want noise, we put the stereo on!

10. jameskatt

jameskatt Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The ES 300H is a larger family car. It has much more space than the much smaller IS 300 H F Sport.

They are in two separate categories. Thus, they don't compete with each other at all.

11. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Well, Lexus needs to make up its mind and bring this car here. They are competing with the 3 series which is offered in all possible configurations.

12. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I would rather have the smaller sedan, and besides, I like the looks.

13. tomlondon

tomlondon New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Fake engine sound? I hope it can be switched off - I feel quite smug moving along in complete silence, knowing the vehicle uses energy that would otherwise be wasted in other cars, instead of expensive and taxed-to-death fossil fuel... Frankly, this is what excites today's anorectic blondes - technology, not loads of noise. With 99g CO2/km this car will be an instant hit with company drivers in UK, which means three years down the road I will be able to pick up a nice low mileage dealer maintained three year old ex-lease Lexus (y) bring it on!

14. Blu-ray

Blu-ray Blizzard Brigade #215

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That's HOT!

[​IMG]

15. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I want one

16. raimix

raimix Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i would defintely be interested

17. kgall

kgall Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    When they say "second generation Lexus hybrid drive system", does that mean it is Toyota's improved version of HSD, and that it will appear on the Gen IV Prius?

18. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    This is derived from the camry hybrid system which is in its second generation using many improvements in the gen III prius, but the ice includes di, making it 38.5% peak efficiency versus 38% in the prius, versus I don't know in the camry hybrid. We think some improvements in ice technology will increase in the gen IV also, but there should be more improvements than that according to toyota leaks. Those leaks talked about lower drag, lighter weight, and lower rolling resistant tires, but we still need to wait to see what changes to hsd are coming. These are likely incremental, not revolutionary changes.

kgall likes this.
  19. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

nope, second generation means same as GS450h and RX450h.... RX400h and HS250h were "first" generation.

kgall likes this.
  20. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Earlier today, Lexus introduced the Lexus GS 300h: Shanghai motor show 2013 | Autocar[​IMG]
    Using the same 2.5L 4-cylinder hybrid engine as the new IS 300h, the GS 300h is expected to deliver 5.0L/100km (47 mpg) and have CO2 emissions below 110g/km.

Other features new to the GS include Rear Cross Traffic Alert and LED fog lamps — the new GS 300h will be launched by the end of 2013 in various global markets, including China, Europe, Asian countries, Australia and New Zealand. Lexus GS 300h Introduced at Shanghai Motor Show | Lexus Enthusiast

austingreen likes this.