1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2014 radio issues

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mkeilly, Oct 9, 2023.

1. mkeilly

mkeilly New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    We got a new to us prius in late July and I am happy with most things about it. One issue that has arisen is that we get very poor radio reception on the JBL (I think) original unit. I've read some on this site and it seemed like an antenna problem and when I looked, it turned out the antenna was unplugged at the rear of the car. I plugged it in and it now gets slightly better reception but still very spotty. I listen to one of two public radio stations and have never had issues with reception before. I read more and thought it must/might be the antenna booster. Found a used on on eBay and finally got in installed and no change. Can someone more knowledgable than I point me in the right direction? One thing I've thought of is replacing the head unit with an Apple CarPlay capable unit, but I'm not sure how well that will work in my 2014 and I have no idea if it will fix my problem. Thanks in advance for your help.