1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2014 Scion tC Test Drive Review !!! Road To SEMA 2013

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by HAWAIIANBUILT, Oct 23, 2013.

1. HAWAIIANBUILT

HAWAIIANBUILT Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    HEY THERE PRIUS CHAT FOLKS !!!

:):):):)

I have had the great opportunity in the past to Test Drive, Evaluate, and Blog my experiences here on Prius Chat with many of the Toyota Family of Hybrids / EVs including :

Prius Family
    Camry Hybrid
    Avalon Hybrid
    Rav 4 EV

And recently I test drove the All New Redesigned 2014 Scion tC !!!

[​IMG]

For more Technical Information please visit :

Scion tC 2014 | Prices & Information | Scion.com

This tC was also present at the 2013 Scion Night at Knott's Scary Farm sponsored by Scion Corporation on October 16, 2013 here in Southern California !!!

[​IMG]

I will be attending the upcoming 2013 SEMA Show in Las Vegas, Nevada on November 5th - 8th.

Annually, Scion Corporation hosts a "Build-Off" Scion Tuner Challenge Competition featuring 3 Scions by the finest builders in the Aftemarket Industry.

Here is the 2013 Scion Tuner Challenge Concept & Delivery Video as featured on YouTube :

Young, my great friend is one of the Selected Builders of this Prestigious Event !!!

If you will be at the 2013 SEMA Show please stop by the Scion Booth in Central Hall to show your support for all 3 Amazing Builds !!!

And now onto my Review !!!

Here are Pictures of the 2014 Scion tC in Automatic Transmission / Classic Silver Metallic :

Exterior

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wheels and Tires

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Engine Compartment

[​IMG]

Interior

Front Area

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In Dash Receiver : Entertainment / Navigation

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Interior

Rear Area & Trunk

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sun / Moon Roof

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Car Wash Time !!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Return at Toyota / Scion National Headquarters in Torrance, California

[​IMG]

Final Review :

Exterior :

- Compared to the Previous Generations of the Scion tC, this is by far the boldest design that I have seen. It has a more aggressive look to it creating a commanding presence. The front face is courageous with Projector Beam headlamps and the wide mouth front grille taking cues from it's brother the Scion FR-S yet uniquely tC. The barrel style rear Taillights and aggressive rear bumper are robust, complementing one another in design.

Wheels & Tires :

Equipped with 18" Machine Finished Alloy wheels wrapped in Toyo Proxes A20's this tC hugged the road wheel with a minimal road noise and strong treadwear life.

Engine Compartment :

The 2.5L 179HP DOHC 16Valve Dual VVT-i is a Powerhouse !!!

Interior Front Area :

I really enjoyed the aesthetics and ergonomics of the New tC. The appointments were well appreciated. At 5'9" I had plenty of head room, shoulder room, and leg room. The Race Inspired Tachometer was nothing but amazing and clear to view. Everything was well within view and reach.

Interior Rear Area / Trunk :

The Rear Seating was comfortable for another 5'9" passenger also with plenty of head room, shoulder room, and leg room. I also appreciated the fold flat rear seats which expanded the already spacious rear trunk area !!!

Sun / Moon Roof :

The combination Sun and Moon roof for both the Front and Rear Seated passengers were a great luxury. It created a nice open panoramic effect for all. Wind noise was minimal when opened during highway and freeway driving.

In Dash Receiver Entertainment / Navigation

Scion's Be Spoke technology was an ease to operate and sync with my iPhone. The Navigation system also was very useful and clear to utilize.

Overall Impression

Overall I am very impressed with the newly redesigned 2014 Scion tC inside and out. With an Estimated 23 City and 31 Highway MPG this vehicle will complement my Prius !!! I especially liked the quick and strong responsiveness of the vehicle during driving.

I would definitely recommend the 2014 Scion tC !!!

Hope to SEE YOU AT THE 2013 SEMA Show Folks !!!

:):):):)

Rodney

Jay J likes this.