1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2014 V ran out of gas I think but one line was left and not blinking

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Deemee, Jan 9, 2024.

1. Deemee

Deemee New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four Touring
    The car has 140,000 miles and had no issues but last night even with one gauge left the car
    stalled on me coming to a stop light. I was able to put In neutral though and get out traffic luckily. The Vbattery was new and no weird noises, smells or vibrations before the check engine light but no red triangle came on and stalled. AAA put 2 gallons and tried to jump start but it wont drive. Non of the interior lights are dampened but my heat was only blowing air when putting car in ready mode. The battery gauge has one line and I can only put in neutral. After reading some post could it be possible it’s because they didn’t use more than 2 gallons? I restarted the Vbattery and it shows 2/3 gauges in my tank but still won’t drive. This made worst by the fact I was driving to the gas station.

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Odds are good it’s a hybrid problem easily defined with a quality reader, one better than auto supply free scanners.

A good bet is an inverter fail. You should lay money on that as well because Toyota will fix that one free.

#2 rjparker, Jan 10, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2024
    Air_Boss likes this.