1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2015 Camry Hybrid XLE Costs The Same as 2015 Camry XLE V6

Discussion in 'Toyota Hybrids and EVs' started by Tideland Prius, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I just noticed that Toyota Canada has priced the 2015 Camry Hybrid XLE and Camry XLE V6 at $34,800 (before PDI and taxes). That's a $60 drop from the 2014 Camry Hybrid XLE w/ Leather & Premium Audio Package and a $1,175 increase from the 2014 Camry XLE V6. Both gain Qi Wireless charging and upgraded Display Audio Systems. The Hybrid loses the Leather/Ultrasuede seating and gets just "regular" leather seat covers.

The difference between the two (other than the obvious powertrain differences) is that the XLE V6 has LED low/high beams, theft-deterrent system w/ glass breakage sensors, dual exhaust and rear reading lamps. Of course the Hybrid trades the tach for a fuel economy meter (basically a metered version of the HSI) and VPNS.

Impressive. It's $3,760 more expensive than the XLE 4 cylinder but the XLE 4 cylinder isn't similarly equipped as the XLE V6. (no glass breakage sensor, LED headlamps, JBL GreenEdge Audio, auto-dimming mirror w/ compass and illuminated vanity mirrors).

2. NR427

NR427 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I had a 2010 Camry V6 and the low gas mileage led me to investigate hybrids. If I had bought a 4 cylinder I would probably still have it.

3. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The traffic situation here makes me regret not buying a HyCam, but as you can see from my Fuelly icon below, I'm getting good mpg from my V6.

I have a Scangauge and am driving for fuel economy, but no hypermiling techniques, and I don't drive really slow either.

4. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Wasn't this the price policy of the Lincoln MKZ since the hybrid came out? The hybrid is the same price as the base V6, now 2.0 Ecoboost.

My friend had a V6 Camry and now has the Avalon. I tried steering him into the hybrids. With the other family vehicles being a V8 pick up and SUV, he thinks 21mpg is good.:(

5. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Consumer Reports 2015 Auto Issue they did a bunch of hybrid vs. equivalent non hybrid cost-of-ownership calcs, and I believe they used the CAMRY XLE as one example. It was surprising the close cost. I normally use the lower CAMRY model for my calcs, so I'll have to check that delta.

6. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't mean to be a jerk, but all the new Camrys are just poor to me: Anything with sunroof, my head hits roof in front pass seat. Don't bother suggesting tall people shouldn't sit there like my 6'4" bro in law.
    Driver seat bottom so small.

Now, the Avalon limited .... That is a nice car. Big luxurious driver seat, height adjust front passenger seat, sharp interior. But $40k not my bag.

Accord is more impressive to be in but they shortened up front passenger legroom 3" on latest one. At least headroom good on both sides.

7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i can see your point, but tall people have advantages in other areas. i have to get a ladder to change the battery on my clock.

8. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    BUT you don't need a helmet every time you walk through the door

Blu-ray likes this.
  9. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    but you can make a fortune in the nba.

10. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You can make even more if you buy a lottery winning ticket >_<

11. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    sure, and no height requirement.

12. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    My 13 Avalon Touring was $1400 more than the V6 Touring, not a bad hybrid premium. Now that California gas prices are through the roof (I've seen stations over $5 for regular) $1400 seems a bargain.

Tideland Prius likes this.
  13. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The 2016 models are out. The Camry XLE Hybrid now costs $65 more than the XLE V6, even though, as far as I can see, equipment that was added to both are identical.

LE: gains TFT MID in the instrument panel, Upgrade Pkg wheel size is now 16" alloys (P205/65R16). It used to be 17" alloys (P215/55R17)
    LE Hybrid: gains TFT MID in the instrument panel
    SE: gains new Special Edition (Same Blue Streak Metallic one as the US)
    SE Hybrid: No change
    XLE: No change
    XSE: Premium Package gains Rear Cross Traffic Alert
    XSE V6: No change
    XLE V6: Adds PCS/DRCC/LDA as standard equipment (It's listed as LDA, not LKA)
    XLE Hybrid: Adds PCS/DRCC/LDA as standard equipment.