1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2015 Owner's Manual download?

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by spokey, May 12, 2015.

1. spokey

spokey Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I'm considering a 2015 V. Depends on whether kid 2 decides he wants my camry. I'm looking to go through the owner's manual prior to buying. I'd swear I found a pdf on the toyota site but now when I try to find it I get a no documents available.

Anyone know where to download this?

I assume they would be all the same, but I'd be buying a 2015 level three

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Tried good ol' Toyota USA: no joy with 2015, so tried 2014, and it was second verse, same as the first:

Capture.JPG

You can probably find it, if you search the nether regions. But pretty sorry state of affairs...

3. spokey

spokey Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    yes, that's what i'm getting. Odd thing is that just a couple days ago, somehow I was able to open it up somewhere. I was looking at the hitch/towing info. I guess I'll have to conclude that I was looking at some manual other than the 'V'.

4. Mendel Leisk

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    If you're interested in specific sections I can post snippets; I have 2012 OM, but whole thing too big . Towing?

Just to rant; Honda, GM, to name a couple, make PDFs freely available.

5. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    All together now ... (one, two, three) ... "for manuals, look on techinfo.toyota.com".

A lot of the techinfo information is subscription-based, but the owners' manuals and other stuff that comes in the glove box are all in front of the paywall. Just go to the main techinfo.toyota.com page. In the lower left there are two tabs: "What is TIS?" and "Manuals". Click Manuals.

Click "Select Division" - Toyota. Click "Select Model" - Prius V. Click "Select Year" - 2015. Click your favorite language. Click Search.

See them now?

-Chap

6. spokey

spokey Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I did find it. Realized that if I had the right one, I'd probably find the link in my browser cache. Sure enough.

I'm too new to post links here but I googled on the pdf name OM47887U and found a link here as well. I'll try to remember to link once I can insert links here.

7. spokey

spokey Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    thanks ChapmanF Never knew this site existed. Will have to bookmark this site.

I also finally found it at the main toyota site /t3Portal/document/om-s/OM47887U/pdf/OM47887U.pdf (changed to get a link here before my time)

They appear to be the same. Odd that Toyota has several ways to getting this except for the way most would try (i.e. toyota site / manuals).

8. Mendel Leisk

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    ftl likes this.
  9. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It seemed the OP was looking for a 2015 Prius v manual, which is whole and downloadable as a single file if you go straight to where it should be on techinfo.toyota.com as posted above.

-Chap

10. Mendel Leisk

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I'm always on the hunt for documents, it just whet my curiosity. When I go to your link I get a pop-up window, showing a tree of the manual, and each section as a separate download. You could cobble them together with Acrobat. But I don't see a single download.

11. Mendel Leisk

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Ok sorry Chapman, for the 2015 Prius V it DOES download as a single pdf. I tried mine (2010 hatchback Prius), and it does the nonsense as I describe above.

12. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Right ... it seems as if, some time in the last few years, they decided that people no longer think anything of sharing ten megabyte funny cat pics from their phones, so it might no longer be necessary to serve a ten megabyte manual one section at a time.

They just don't seem to be going back and re-doing the older ones that had been put on line the section-at-a-time way.

-Chap

mikefocke and Mendel Leisk like this.
  13. Mendel Leisk

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    My thoughts exactly.