1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2015 Prius 3 OTD Price

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Tapsy, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Tapsy

Tapsy New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three

I am buying 2015 Prius 3 OTD for $23,333.00 Is it resonable price?????
    I did a test drive i feel like the brakes design is different in Prius than the regular cars or is the problem with the brakes in the car ????

Extended Warrant Platinum for 7yr/125k is $1995
    Gold : 7yr/100k is $1695 are the prices are resonable and gold has Tire and wheel hazard protection so they will replace or fix it for 7yrs with $0 .

Please suggest.

2. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    1. Dump the warranty.

2. I'm seeing G3-2's OTD for a little over 21K.....so you have to decide if the options in a 3 package are worth the extra 2K.

3. If this is one of those zero-percent deals, then get pre-approved through a CU and re-check the math.
    If your credit rating supports one of the teaser rates, then you might cut a better, cash only deal.

4. Check the other side of the deal. Did you trade a car in? They might be a wholesale/retail number on you.
    There's nothing wrong with that.....dealers have to eat too. Just make sure that they're not doinking you over on both halves of the deal.

Priuses aren't as popular as they used to be, gas is low, and economics outside the rust belt are stumbling to life......also.....the 2016 Prius will be out soon (?) and so the 2015's will be one generation older.
    Despite all of this, used Priuses are still relatively in high demand.

Consider selling the car that you're trading (if you are trading) privately.

#5.....dump the warranty.

Good Luck!

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome! the brakes are different. get used to them before spending 20k+.

4. Beachbummm

Beachbummm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    they go on clearance at the end of September, wait a month and save a few grand or get one off lease for even more savings

5. sillylilwabbit

sillylilwabbit Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

Can you briefly explain: :... Get one off lease for even more savings"?

iPhone ?

6. Beachbummm

Beachbummm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    companies like "car max" or auto nation sell late model cars that were leased, you can also look at Herts rental car sales where they will sell a 2014 or 2015 with about 35,000 miles for a little more that half of the original sticker price and theres always e bay to price shop..internet shopping gives you many options where to buy and what to pay

7. sillylilwabbit

sillylilwabbit Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

Gotcha, thanks!

iPhone ?

8. Tapsy

Tapsy New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    This deal is Cash only deal.

9. ETC(SS)

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Good!
    That means that other than the outlandish warranty you've done well!!!

As others have pointed out Priuses are on sale now and probably will be even cheaper mid September to early October - given where gas and automobile trends are going.

The answer to your question is yes.
    It's a reasonable OTD price......it's even a GOOD price for a cash only, no trade deal, since you're paying sales tax for the full price of the car rather than the difference between your trade and the new car.

Good stuff!

Make sure you want a Prius before you plunk 23K down for one!!!!
    They're good cars, but there are things about Priuses that you might not necessarily discover during a 10-minute test flight with a sales person slobbering in the co-pilot seat that might diminish your Prius-love about three weeks from now.

Good Luck!!

Post pix.

Tapsy likes this.
  10. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    better put the brakes on this deal.

11. Tapsy

Tapsy New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for your time and response.
    Can we take warranty from any other dealer who can get me in better price???

bisco ... What do you mean by this "better put the brakes on this deal."

12. ETC(SS)

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I think that the deal with extended warranties is "Just say no."

There used to be a poster on this site that offered the OEM warranty for sale for about half price, but I do not think that this deal is available any longer. Many of the other OEMs offer a second-chance to get the extended warranty just about the time that your factory warranty expires.
    My thing is that no financial adviser that I know of says that extended warranties are worth the price.
    The one possible exception might be Clark Howard, but I do not think that it applies in your case.

In many cases, people finance extended warranties for a period of time that is longer then the warranty protects the car.
    It adds to the time that it takes to get right side up on your car. It doesn't add to the resale value of your car. If your car gets totaled.....it's not reimbursable. If your car suffers from fire, flooding, famine, civil unrest, alien abduction, or Elvis sighting - then your warranty is valueless.....or I should say even more valueless.
    There are more exceptions, exclusions, caveats, and grey areas than appear in the US Tax code, AND........some of the more crooked dealers use this flawed product to extort up-priced service for the customer's car to avoid voiding the warranty.
    In case the clowns in Detroit try this?
    It's illegal.
    Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's a bad product almost 100-percent of the time, and one of the scummier aspects of Toyota's North American dealership network (amongst several that are competing for this honor) is the fact that they probably told you that you can only buy the warranty one time, at one place, and for one price.

Toyota OUGHT to be better than that!
    Period.

Tapsy likes this.
  13. Tapsy

Tapsy New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Here is my new toy.... So far i liked it. Thanks for all your time and suggestions.

Only thing i noticed is it does not autolock after i left the car without locking. I think i need to go to dealer to program it .

Attached Files:

• car.jpg
      car.jpg
      File size:
      147.1 KB
      Views:
  14. ETC(SS)

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Mine never auto-locks, but it's a 5-year-old two.
    There are ways to program the doors to unlock with the fob (just the driver's....all doors...etc) but I'm not aware of a "feature" that will auto-lock the car.
    Frankly.....it doesn't seem like much of a feature to me because there are occasions that I don't desire my doors to lock themselves.

I'd spend some time with the owner's manual (make coffee!) and ask some questions in places like this.
    You'll want to pay particular attention to what maintenance is required for your car in the manual!
    DO NOT trust the dealership to differentiate between optional and required vehicle services, since the more you pay....the more they make.

Good Luck!!