1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2015 Prius C two maintenance

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by PriusCOwner001, May 5, 2024.

1. PriusCOwner001

PriusCOwner001 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I had my wheels aligned, rotated and balanced at a pep boys and was informed that my brake fluid is low and the front rotors and pads should be changed. I am at over 45k miles, no squeaking when I brake and no issues with braking. There have been a few instances where I thought to myself how good my brakes are.

1) Were they trying to upsell me on changing them out or is it normal to need to change them at this point?
    2) Is ceramic brake pad the way to go? I think I read ceramic is what the original pad material.
    3) I believe the only brake fluid recommended is using the pink one directly from toyota and that it should be drained and filled. It is four bottles that I need? I think 4L?
    4) I plan on changing the 12V battery. Is the one from Toyota the recommended one? I think it has like a 7year warranty.

Thank you all.

HybridEnjoyer likes this.
  2. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    It's extremely unusual to need brake work with only 45k miles on the car.

Get a second opinion before doing anything else.

I'm pretty sure that version of the car uses the S34B20R battery, which you can get from Advance Auto and Autozone. Compare their freshness, warranties & prices to what Toyota offers.

HybridEnjoyer likes this.
  3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Many Prius don't need new front brake pads till 300K miles... But in the auto repair business the fastest way to make alot of money with the least amount of effort is to scare a customer into thinking they need brake work. Don't get scammed by these crooks at Pep boys!