1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2015 Prius C2 | Dash / Mounting Kit - Help Needed!

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by VarthDaver, May 14, 2015.

1. VarthDaver

VarthDaver New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    We just got a 2015 Prius C 2, and need some help!

TLDR:
    I need to find a dash kit that will work in the 2015 Prius C2.
    Can anyone confirm the differences from 2014 kits, or give information on their installation of a 2015?

More Info:
    We planned to replace the head unit with a Pioneer AVIC-8100NEX, and I reviewed it with the local car shop to confirm they could order the compatible harness and kit to do the install, so I ordered the head unit. It is arriving tomorrow, so I went in to schedule the install (also add backup camera and sat radio) to be informed that they did not have any matching kits for the 2015 model, and their system indicated non-compatibility with the 2014 kits.

I did what I could to try to find a matching kit, and could only find the Scosche TA2114B which claims it works with 2012+. The same part on Crutchfield says the kit is for 2012-2013, and that it fits the 2014. You cannot currently select 2015 for a Prius C on Crutchfield.

Edit: Also found possible match with Metra partno 95-8239B. Anyone use this?

Any information or experience would be appreciated, I recommended getting the lower model Prius to replace with good aftermarket parts and now worried I might have to pay through the roof for a custom fab job.

Note: Since this is my first post, I had to remove all the links to the items in this post. Apologies.

#1 VarthDaver, May 14, 2015
    Last edited: May 14, 2015