1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2015 Prius Gen III LED Bulb Replacement Issue - Dome Light

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Mark Lawrence, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Mark Lawrence

Mark Lawrence New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Need some help. Ordered an LED interior bulb kit to replace all my interior bulbs with long lasting LED's. I changed all bulbs without an issue with the exception of the Dome light in the back seat. They sent me a 31mm LED that looks like it is the right bulb but it is too long and I cannot get it to fit in. I actually pushed so hard I bent the bulb. I ordered another one on eBay thinking the one I got in the kit was just out of spec but the other one was also 31mm and too long. They are telling me this is the correct bulb. Anyone run into this issue with the Dome light and find a solution? Thank you in advance.

2. cnc97

cnc97 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I had that issue with the cargo lights. I took a pair of pliers and GENTLY reformed the tabs to have a slightly bigger gap so the light would go in.

3. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  4. NutzAboutBolts

NutzAboutBolts Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I had that issue too, I ended up using the 28mm led bulb that was for the cargo light instead. Some how with the LED bulb, they made it longer than those halogen bulb 31mm. So buy the 28mm size and it should snug fit in there. Here’s the video I did