1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2015 Prius V - photos of floating monitor install wanted

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by Paul Stuart, Nov 21, 2021.

1. Paul Stuart

Paul Stuart New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    New here. Looking to install a floating monitor with CarPlay in my Prius V. Wanting to get a 8.95 inch Sony floating monitor or something similar. Would love to see how it would look in the car before buying one to see what all would be blocked, etc. Can anyone send me a photo of the way the stereo looks in the 15 Prius V that has installed a larger floating monitor. I hate the way the double dins look since there is so much extra plastic around it.
    Thank You!

2. gromittoo

gromittoo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Not real familiar with these. For those who are interested, Here is an Amazon link to what one looks like: (Amazon ID B07XHYC2YW). They are pricey ($500-$700)

3. Weirderal

Weirderal Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Has anyone installed a floating monitor in their V since this thread was first posted? I'm also very interested in installing something like this 9" Alpine Halo9 iLX-F509 but it's hard to find examples of what it would look like after the fact. Tough choice between a floating screen or a comparatively tiny but visually consistent in-dash double-DIN unit.