1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2015 vs 2016 in Mexico

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Xorlium, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Xorlium

Xorlium New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello,

I'm new here and I'm seriously considering buying a Prius here in Mexico, and I'm wondering if I should wait for the 2016 model or buy the 2015 model.

Right now there is a sale on the model 2015, which ends on february 1st (monday!). It's selling for $317k mxn, which is about $17.5k usd, then it goes back to its regular $337k mxn price ($18.6k usd)

There is no 2016 model right now and the dealer told me it would take about one or two months to start selling them. He also did not know anything about the 2016 model, but he guessed it would cost about $350k mxn, which is about $19k usd.

My first concern when buying a car is safety, my second concern is fuel efficiency. I don't give a *** how the car looks (and most of the reviews of the 2016 model focus on how the look changed). My third concern is how comfortable it is. I don't drive fast but do use the highway (never really go above 75 miles per hour).

Thank you for your time.

2. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Don't know from experience, but the seats in the 16 are supposed to be more comfortable, you should sit in and drive a 15 to make sure the seats work for you.

3. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    new 2015.

Cheaper.
    Very dependable and efficient.
    Available.

Fewer long term reliability questions.

Best of luck!!