1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2016: 4T - first few days

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by yeldogt, Nov 2, 2016.

1. yeldogt

yeldogt Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Picked up our 2016 4T Black/Black on Monday. The 16 is a huge improvement over our 2011 Five -- in every department. The 4T is very well equipped and the black exterior is the least offensive to the eyes -- still not a good looking car. I'm getting just around 60mpg. Car came with Yokohama tires -- very quiet/ smooth

The seats are much better in this vs 2011 ... I prefer the softex to the leather that came in the 2011 five (we have the softex in our 2015 Lexus CT). The headlights (low beam) are also better vs the optional LED headlights in the 2011. Toyota's all weather matts are vastly improved -- as is the rear cargo all weather. The auto dim headlights remind me of my mother's Cadillac back in HS. Radio still average.

Only options on this car: all weather matts for a bit over $200 (good deal), silly bumper protection sticker (waste of < $100) and the upgraded console for around $200+ ... I have no idea what that gave me? The sunroof is not available on the "T" -- I did not want anyway. The only other major option package: HUD and I believe another step up in the Stereo. Most of the regular 4's have the sunroof so the cost of the touring is not much more when you factor the extra stuff and delete the roof vs getting a standard 4. Having a Sunroof is great for the extra light they provide to the interior in many cars -- IMO with all the glass in the Prius it's not needed. We have a sunroof in the CT and some of the other vehicles as they only come that way -- rarely do I ever open them. The 4T has the perfect mix. My only complaint is the gloss black part of the interior -- I can see them always looking dirty.

I took the 0% financing for the full term (6) --Toyota financed the full cost of the car/tax/title. Close to $2500 off .. $440 month .. my insurance provides GAP

#1 yeldogt, Nov 2, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
    RCO, bisco and krmcg like this.
  2. MichelleStone

MichelleStone Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Good for you!

3. Coast Cruiser

Coast Cruiser Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    8 months with mine.

My gloss black surfaces have never been dirty. You can put a light coat of car wax on them. Keep a small micro-fiber cloth in the car and "do the dusting." :ROFLMAO: You'll need it for the big black screen, too.

One member had a lot of trouble/noise with his sunroof.

Glad your Yokohama's are quiet. Toyo sucks.

TheRedRocker likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats! is the upgraded console the black plastic to cover the white?

5. MichelleStone

MichelleStone Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Price sounds right. I originally decided to get the moonstone interior so it would go with the white surface of the console. When I got my car, they had installed the cover. I originally wanted the beige interior. But I'm happy with it. It looks sharp.

RCO likes this.
  6. yeldogt

yeldogt Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Now that I look at the this console thing -- it's to make what would be white .... black. With mine being a black interior the white would stand out. When searching for a 4T -- all the black ones had this option. They don't look like it's on top of the white -- as if it's a dealer installed option -- it's listed on the window sticker. Still not worth the $200.00

Getting a micro towel for the black is a good idea.

We will see how the Yokohama tires hold up -- my 2011 came with Bridgestone ... when I replaced them I went with Michelin on many recommendations. Like the Bridgestone better.

RCO likes this.
  7. 'LectroFuel

'LectroFuel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I have Yokohamas on my 2005 Prius. They aren't great but they aren't horrible. The ride got noticeably worse but that might be because the shocks are pretty much toast after 11 years.