1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2016 Car Seat Question

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Patricia O., Jun 26, 2020.

1. Patricia O.

Patricia O. New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I just purchased a 2016 Prius C Four. I didn’t notice when test driving, but during the 1.5 hour drive home I could feel 2 very hard circular somethings right at my tail bone. I tried adjusting the seat various ways but they’re still an issue. The passenger side is the same way. I love this car, but I need a resolution for the seats.

Can someone tell me what they are, if they’ve experienced this issue, and how they’ve resolved it?

Thank you.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I deleted your other thread because I moved this one to the Prius c forum.

3. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I glanced at the illustrations of the seat in the Repair Manual (more info) and in parts catalog Figure 71-01, Front Seat & Seat Track, and I didn’t see anything like that. Could you share a photo of one of the seats, please, with the locations of the hard spots indicated?

If no one has any better ideas, you could try an auto upholstery or interior shop. The seats have airbag modules inside, so anyone who works on them should follow the important safety precautions in the Repair Manual, and any modifications could affect the performance of the supplemental restraint system.

4. Patricia O.

Patricia O. New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Four