1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2016 Extended Warrantee

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by krmcg, Jan 12, 2016.

1. krmcg

krmcg Lowered Blizzard Pearl Beauty

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I am interested in purchasing an 8 year 125,000 mile Toyota Platinum warrantee. I have called around some and done some interweb investigation, but I cannot find a dealership willing to discount below 2,300 or so. Even Metro Toyota in Kansas seems to be out of the discount business.
    Anyone have a suggestion?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i think they've cracked down on this. not sure about discounts, but you can't buy over the phone anymore.

3. Netcub

Netcub Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I just looked at my 2010 Receipt... I paid 1275 for a 100,000 mile warranty... (not sure how many years) I'm pretty sure I was blackmailed into it, because they told me I would have a higher APR without the warranty...:rolleyes:.

My Speedometer went out at Just over 100K and my dealer replaced it with a factory certified used one and they covered it under that warranty... but it was my understanding they would have replaced it anyway...Like traded it out for the one in my car... Had some bad rattles after that...

4. krmcg

krmcg Lowered Blizzard Pearl Beauty

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have a 2014 Toyota Hybrid Limited. I purchased a "discounted" extended warrantee from the selling dealer - happy that he had taken some money off of "retail price". Afterwards I checked around and found it for $600 cheaper at a local dealership. I cancelled the first and bought the second. Now with the 2016 Prius Four, I just want to get a good price the first purchase.
    I understand that Toyota has made it harder to purchase from out of state, but CA has lots of options. Lots of options.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    agreed, hope you find a better deal.(y)