1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2016 Prius Four not IV - only 2010 used uppercase Roman numerals - color, Brake and Drive, price

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by hyhi, Aug 5, 2016.

1. hyhi

hyhi Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    So I found a great color 2016 Prius. It is a light blue that looks really great. Of course the only way you can see it is under fluorescent lighting inside the dealership when looking at a sea grass green color :(
    Bummer.

I guess I don't remember how the prior gen drove, for some reason thought one could change from drive mode to brake mode then flip right back into drive mode again. On test ride today going from drive to brake mode was easily, just push to the right. Though to get back to drive mode it seemed one has to go to neutral mode then shift into drive.

I am also uncertain on pricing in Tampabay Florida, a Prius Four with I think no extras in gray and light gray leather list for $29,540 and discount of $2,449 though dealer is saying one cannot do the Toyota 0%/60 financing with that deal.

I will go look at a used IV, 2010 model tomorrow elsewhere and see what I think of that model. The HUD in the new ones is nice, less impressed with a sunroof model. Would be nice to save money and get just a Two, not II again because that was only used in 2010, Eco though I feel I have to have power seat and lumbar for my lower back.
    Time will tell...
    Hope that gray and light gray leather would be a good combo. Uncertain if such a light color dash would be a problem with sun reflection and thinking the gray, inside and out, will show dirt though just not happen with other 2016 colors offered...had the red before. Also not thrilled with Cloth patterns/colors though since I need power sear that does not enter into the picture.

Ride safe all.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    don't worry about brake mode in florida. all the best with your decision!(y)

krmcg likes this.
  3. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I wouldn't worry too much about "B" mode - I haven't used it, except for about 10 seconds to try it out. D (or R) does almost everything you need in normal driving. The handbook explains situations where it could be useful coming down steep alps etc.

4. hyhi

hyhi Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Guess I am just used to doing it with my 07 highlander hybrid :)

Did like how that new Four not IV model drove.

alanclarkeau likes this.
  5. 'LectroFuel

'LectroFuel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Like Bisco said, don't worry about brake mode if you don't live in a hilly area. The light grey seat color is called Moonstone, which I have. The Moonstone soft plastic on the dashboard can get too bright at times. I wouldn't worry about it though. IMO, it's the most interesting color and makes the interior look much brighter. One of my favorite interior colors on a car.

#5 'LectroFuel, Aug 9, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  6. MichelleStone

MichelleStone Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I'd like the moonstone in a trim four but they don't seem to have any in area inventory with the PCP and ATP packages. I think that moonstone is the most attractive interior because the cabin seems more open and it does go best well with the white console. Beige is okay even though it seems to be a huge mish mash of colors. I am not fond of black. I'll see what's available next week when I can get down to my dealer.

'LectroFuel likes this.