1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2016 Prius key back ordered?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by randomwalk101, Apr 11, 2016.

1. randomwalk101

randomwalk101 DYI'er

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Okay,
    So I purchased the 2016 Prius Three and the dealership where I purchased it (Fortbend Toyota) couldn't find the 2nd key (including the key fob). Anyways, after about 2 hours of waiting for them to search for the missing key (apparently stolen), I gave up and went home with the new car and one key. The called back next week inquiring about the 2nd key, the dealer placed a key replacement for me. After a few days, the key fob (not the actual key that plugs into the key fob/remote) shows up. They said that the actual "key" part is on back ordered....fast forward another 3 weeks which is now, it's still on back ordered...is it?
    I called 3 other major Toyota dealerships here in Houston, and an out of town Toyota dealership for good measure, all of them (their parts department) said they can order it and it should take 2-3 business day. I just need to come in to prove ownership before they can order it.

Wth?? Is it really on back order or am I being played here? I contacted the general manager (Martin Morcho) and basically got little help (sang the same back ordered song to me).

The part number for this "key" is 69515-47030-RK

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    it's not a big deal, but a bad play on their part. ridiculous that you have to go through this on a new car. have you tested all the functions on the replacement fob?

3. randomwalk101

randomwalk101 DYI'er

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The new Fob is programmed and works fine. I do need that key in case I sell the car and the key to fill that hole on the fob

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    or in case you need to get into your car manually. the key has to be cut to fit the lock, so, i suppose it could take awhile.

5. randomwalk101

randomwalk101 DYI'er

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Filed a complaint with Toyota headquarter. A day later a dude from fort bend Toyota called saying he can order it now and will be here next Monday.

bisco likes this.
  6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    brutal dealer, well done.(y)