1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2016 Prius Two ECO rear, middle seat belt-How to unfasten

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by DerickN, Oct 13, 2016.

1. DerickN

DerickN New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Is there a way to un-fasten the rear middle seat, seat belt. I surely looks like its attached similarly like the others, except there is NO red button to release it. I'm needing to do this so as to put on rear bench seat cover.

Thanks in advance
    Derick

2. Sooner Al

Sooner Al Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    This is from the Owners Manual for our 2016 Prius v Three. Perhaps its the same for your car...

Attached Files:

3. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Don't you mean rtfm?

Sooner Al likes this.
  4. DerickN

DerickN New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Thanks for your reply and pic. Unfortunately (i guess) the Three and Two are different. No where in my owner's manual states how to un-latch the middle seatbelt.

I contacted my salesperson, who sold me the car, and here's his reply and IT WORKED !!

"Look for a red slit where the belt and buckle are connected. Using a keys or something skinny (I used an ice pick) press the red slit. That will release the center seat belt."

Just fyi...one will have to figure a way to fully compress the opening where the belt secures to "this" black box...lol to find this red slit. The red slit faces the rear back flip down vs battery area....if this is understandable :)