1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tags:
  1. Clifford Bradford

Clifford Bradford Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    So I have 101k miles and I've been told (and I noticed the wear marks myself) that I need new tires. This would be my 3rd set from new. I'd replaced the OEM tires with some cheap Coopers because I'd blown out one tire (thanks Ohio roads!) and then needed a new set. The Coopers have not lasted as long as I'd like and and I've never liked how the car drove with them plus I had multiple blowouts but that could be attributed to crappy Ohio roads. I did like the OE tires but I forget what they were. The Toyota dealer has quoted $966 for some Coopers or $906 for some Yokohamas. Those both sound like more than I want and I'm not a fan of either brand. I've live in Connecticut so I need to drive in snow. Mine are the 195/65R15.
    1. Does anyone know what the OE tires were for this car?
    2. Any good recommendations?

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
  3. BiomedO1

BiomedO1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    I think mine are Uniroyal tiger paw, I'll post back later tonight when I confirm.
    Nope; I think those were the OEM on my 2012 Prius C.
    2021 Prime has Dunlop Enasave: Buy Dunlop Enasave Tires Online | SimpleTire

I'm @ 40K miles and getting close to the warning markers. I probably only have another year, possibly sooner, depending on how it handles during the rainy season. I plan to go to a XL load rated tire, for SUV and light trucks. They're thicker, since I don't have a spare and hopefully more resistant to punctures. Both punctures I've had was a slow leak from a screw and a nail. So I found it the next morning in my driveway. A bit inconvenienced, but able to patch and be on my way in about an hour.
    Stay away from the Goodyear Assurance tires; very thin sidewalls on the outer edge of the tire. Already got two free replacements at Sams Club on my SUV. Not too big a deal since the SUV has a full size spare - but a real pain none the less....

#3 BiomedO1, May 6, 2024
    Last edited: May 6, 2024