1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2017 old Prius with high mileage

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by IACOPO1991, Jun 21, 2024.

1. IACOPO1991

IACOPO1991 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Good morning folks,

writing from Rome, Italy.

Right now i drive a Toyota Auris Hatch Hybrid '14 with 130.000km (about 80.000 miles), just converted in GPL (LPG) since here in Italy oil prices goes around 2€ per litre (0.26gallon).

Never had trouble, just regular maintenance and i was planning to drive it other 5 o 6 years or more if possibile.

Since we need another car in family the next year we'll buy another one, toyota of course, since the prices of the new are mad we excluded the new yaris and the new corolla.

we have 2 options right now, budget is approximately 12.000€:

- old yaris, 2019 gen, year 2020 with about 50.000 km (31k miles)
    - old prius 2015/16/17 i think it's a 4th gen with high mileage, starting from 200.000km (125k miles)

we would like to drive the new car at least ten years more, space it's not a problem so doesn't bother to park a yaris instead a prius or viceversa, so the matter is just a matter of realiability.

we drive almost 10.000km (6k miles) per year so the problem it's not the future high mileage but more about having a 17/18 years car in the future.

what do you suggest?

here in italy i think there is the highest concentration of hybrid toyota at least among european countries, 7 taxi out of 10 are toyota's and a friend of mine just sold a 09' prius with 330.000km (205k miles) just because he found a new one at a price he couldn't resist, but honestly i've just seen new cars with high mileage rather than very old ones with less mileage on the clock.