1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2017 Prius Delivery in Canada Delayed Due to Stop Sales Order?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by prius234, Nov 5, 2016.

1. prius234

prius234 New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Hello everyone,

Hoping for a little honest insight from knowledgeable forum members on the status of 2017 Prius deliveries in Canada.

Heard on the news, and confirmed with Toyota Canada, that there is a stop-sales order currently in effect for all '16/'17 Prius until the parking brake recall can be resolved (no firm timeline was available for the completion of that recall). Some dealers are saying that they are not aware any blanket stop-sales orders and that existing deliveries remains on schedule, perhaps because some of the newer cars have had the brake issue resolved at the factory before shipment. Other dealers have confirmed that the stop-sales order is in effect, but were not sure if all VINs were impacted.

Anyone know what the heck is going on? Has anyone taken delivery of a new Prius in Canada since late October, 2016? Anyone have an outstanding order delayed because of this stop-sales order?

Thanks.

RCO likes this.
  2. yeldogt

yeldogt Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I picked up my 2016 last Monday (east coast USA) -- it had been held for about two weeks. The parts are now coming in -- they fix the sold cars first.

RCO likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome! it's probably a combination of both. any 17's on the lot with the defect have to be fixed first, and the same with any already in transport. however, there are some that were and have been shipped from the factory with the fix already done, so those will be available. but they are probably few and far between, because of the production backlog.

#3 bisco, Nov 5, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    RCO likes this.
  4. alexgrigori

alexgrigori Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Technology
    I have mine ordered in beginning of September. Over a week ago (I assume after embarkation) I've been provided with a VIN.
    BTW, this VIN till today is not recognizable. Last Thursday my dealer told me that my car has landed.
    On my question on stop-sale issue my dealer replied that my car does affected by this recall and 2 clips to fix parking brake will arrive on this weekend.
    By today, or Monday the latest, my Prius should arrive to the Toronto dealership. However I've got no confirmation so far.
    My dealer thinks that car will be ready for pick up in a couple of days.
    But the fact that VIN is not recognizable makes me nervous. Will keep you posted.

#4 alexgrigori, Nov 5, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    PaJa, bisco and RCO like this.
  5. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I got the feeling that big T don't pass around much information at all, even to dealerships. This assumption seems to be borne out on both sides of the big pond.

Hope you get your 2017 track soon,. Mine in UK is being collected on Tuesday.

Sooner Al and bisco like this.
  6. alexgrigori

alexgrigori Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Technology
    UPDATE:
    I picked up my car yesterday. It took about 9 weeks all together.
    BTW, it was an error in VIN due to typo dealer made.

Tideland Prius and RCO like this.
  7. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yay! Congrats. Picked up mine yesterday as well. I was given a wrong VIN at first too, just another coincidence. :):)

alexgrigori likes this.
  8. Yoda4Life

Yoda4Life New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    ----Canada----
    Hoping to see a Touring model at a dealer soon. So far here in Quebec they are special order only and very hard to find.

alexgrigori likes this.
  9. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I've seen mostly base models (with and without upgrade package) for 2016. I've seen one or two Technology and one Touring (3 if you include taxis)