1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2017 Prius Maintenance (Fuel Induction System Cleaning, Brake Fluid Replacement)

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by twc, Oct 21, 2023.

1. twc

twc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hello all,

I took my car in for some maintenance and they also recommended having the fuel induction system cleaned and the brake fluid replaced (although their test sample result looked to be ok to me based on the color chart).

Do you guys normally get this type of maintenance done? Is it on the schedule?

I have a little over 51,000 miles on her now.

Thank you,
    Tim

bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    no and no. they're just trying to do a wallet cleaning on you. nothing needed except what's in the maintenance schedule, which is very little until 100 or 120k. or 8-10 years, whichever comes first.
    if you don't have one, go to toyota.com/owners

some here like to brake fluid every 3 years, that's a personal decision

3. Pri3C

Pri3C Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    You could get fuel cleaner like the 44K in this kit. You only need to use half the can per tank because the tank for the Prius C is rather small. I use the whole kit a couple times a year as preventative maintenance when I change the oil.

4. twc

twc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thank you gents. I bought the fuel cleaner, has great reviews on Amazon. God bless you all.

Pri3C likes this.