1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2017 Prius Prime Charge Illumination Light Stays On

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by EdmondDantes, Dec 8, 2022.

1. EdmondDantes

EdmondDantes New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Hello everyone, not sure if this is the right page to post my question, it’s my first time here.. but the plug-in lock button light (small green one) is been illuminated all the time since a couple weeks ago, it was dimmer before plugging the charger then goes brighter when plugged, but still illuminated when unplugged. Any ideas what could be causing this? Thanks.

2. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Welcome. I just stumbled onto your question and don't have a quick answer or time to research it because I need to leave the house soon. Maybe my response here will get someone's attention. Also, the question is completely different than the topic of the thread. I would have been better to start a new thread. Perhaps @Tideland Prius would know better and be able to move your question or give you some better advice on that front. For now, I gotta go. Good luck.

3. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hey Edmond. The owner's manual doesn't address a dim light; just off and on as illustrated below. It looks like there is some malfunction. It could be in the port or might be elsewhere. You'd need someone with some skills and knowledge of the circuitry to troubleshoot. With a location as vague as "USA," it'll be impossible for anyone here to point you to a shop other than your local Toyota dealer.

(And thanks, @Tideland Prius, for getting this it's own thread. Maybe someone will see it who has experienced it. Not having my Prime anymore, I can't experiment.)
    Screenshot 2022-12-13 at 6.47.54 AM.png

Tideland Prius likes this.