1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Prime - official prices paid thread

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Will_Prius16, Dec 20, 2016.

1. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome! all the best with your new prime.(y)

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    The irony is putting locking lug nuts on a Prius. Are there gangs of Volt/Ioniq owners lusting after our tires?

Bob Wilson

3. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Maybe a Smart car.

4. ct89

ct89 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I did not get a loyalty rebate either. Traded in an 04 Prius for the Prime...
    Considering there are five Toyota's in the driveway at the moment (oldest is an 89 Camry), a loyalty program would be nice...

RCO and HPrimeAdvanced like this.
  5. Owner2b

Owner2b New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Got a quote for Advanced:
    Standard color
    MSRP+Delivery+Carpets $34189
    Invoice $33530
    Dealer Discount ($1000 below invoice)
    Rebate ($3500)
    Doc Fee: $449
    Total before tax/registration = $29479

No Costco/loyalty etc.
    What do ya think?

Colorado303 and HPrimeAdvanced like this.
  6. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Numbers look appearing. Certainly for those people in middle of the continent. ;) Are you trading-in any vehicle? That's where many dealers recoup their profit.

7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    sounds like a great price!(y)

8. kevins007

kevins007 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Here is my price for a Prius Prime Advance from Berlin City Toyota in Portland Maine:

$28, 685.84 price of car after discounts
    599.00 dealer fees
    ————————
    $29, 284.84 Out the door price.

I worked with Dominick Bernard to get this car.
    I fly out from Milwaukee, WI to Portland Maine to pick up the car next Friday and drive it home over the weekend.
    I am so happy to FINALLY get a Prius Prime.
    Thanks to everyone on Prius Chat for giving me the information on how to get the best deal on a Toyota Prius Prime.

9. NJ-PrimeAdvanced

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Wow. I think this is the best deal on an Advanced so far???

kevins007 likes this.
  10. JMalmsteen

JMalmsteen I love my Prius!

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Do you know what they wanted for the advanced model?
    Thanks for posting. I'm in the market, so I will contact them.

11. kevins007

kevins007 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----USA----
    The car was $28,685 after rebates. However, there is a $599.00 document fee. So the total is $29,284.84 with the cash back included.
    Now if you include the Federal Tax Rebate of $4,500 the cost of the car is $24, 784.84 which I think is a fantastic price for a new car.
    And yes, they had the exact car that I wanted in stock. And to be perfectly honest, buying a car from Dominick Bernard has been bullshit free thus far. And I will be flying out there to get the car on 8/25/17. I will let you know how it goes when I go to pick up the car.
    Finally, look into getting a green car loan. It is usually 0.5 % discount.

12. FlossEmOften

FlossEmOften New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Sounds like a great price. The magic question is how much off of msrp did they discount? I am currently in negotiations with a NY dealer for a prime advanced with a couple of options and the comment they have made to me is 'there isn't much markup on these cars' so they don't want to budge very far off of msrp. What was the dollar amount off of msrp that you were able to negotiate? Thanks for any reply.

13. FinsPrime

FinsPrime Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I was told the same thing. I just got my Prime Plus on Tuesday. Price was $28,219 and they gave it to me for $27,200 and then with the $3500 rebate it came down to $23,700 plus Tax, Title, etc

FlossEmOften and HPrimeAdvanced like this.
  14. JMalmsteen

JMalmsteen I love my Prius!

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I am actually dealing with them right now, with Damien. They are very fair. I called DCH in NJ, not willing to deal. Tommy over there was pleasant enough though and they seem to have no problem selling them, probably the proximity to NYC.

15. ct89

ct89 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced

Sounds like you are in the very good range.
    I typically look at your "total before tax/registration" vs. MSRP as the comparison point. You are looking at $4710.

A month ago in New England, I was able to get a $2657 discount, $3125 rebate with $598 dealer fees for a net of $5184 below the MSRP printed on the car. At the time, that was as good as I had seen in the area. TrueCar is reporting that a few people have recently done a couple hundred better than that but I still think your deal is very good.

One other point. MSRP is only a good reference if it contains the options you want. If it contains stuff you have no interest in (like your carpet mats), then you should really subtract that from your deal. I wanted the all weather floor liners so I would have considered a car that came with carpet mats as having a $224 penalty. The car I ended-up purchasing had cross bars that I didn't need as part of the MSRP so my deal came with a $299 penalty...Fortunately one of the nice members of this forum took them off my hands so I cut that penalty in half. Using that argument, I ended-up $5034 below the MSRP of the car I actually wanted (as opposed to the car I purchased).

Colorado303 likes this.
  16. kevins007

kevins007 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----USA----
    In Wisconsin and the surrounding states I couldn't get a deal like this. And particularly in Wisconsin, it is MSRP plus dealer fees with no negotiated prices allowed. So with that said, I am very happy with this deal. And it has been a no bullshit deal with Dominick Bernard. I asked for the best price and he gave it to me upfront.

17. CatGolez

CatGolez New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Prius Prime: PREMIUM
    Date of Purchase: 07/29/2017
    BLIZZARD PEARL
    Options: Carpet Floor Mat, Cargo Mat and Body Side Moldings, 15-inch Alloy Wheels, All weather carpet mats, Cargo tray, Door Edge Guards, First Aide Kit, Illuminated Door Sills, Paint Protection Film, Prime accessory package carpet (floor mats, cargo mat rear bumper applique)
    Total MSRP: $32,584.00
    Selling Price: $28,784.00
    Incentive: -$unsure
    Out the Door Price: $32,546.84
    Dealer: Dublin, CA

bisco and Mark57 like this.
  18. Owner2b

Owner2b New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    @ct89 I agree with every word. What you've said is exactly what I've learned from the past couple days buying my first new car. You have explained it very well in a logical way. Thumbs up!

I actually got a better deal from another dealer, will update the details once I pick up the car.

Colorado303 likes this.
  19. bps

bps Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I just purchased a Prius Prime Advanced on Saturday from Langway Toyota in Newport, Rhode Island and had a fantastic experience. It was the best purchasing experience I’ve ever had and I’m completely satisfied with every aspect of the purchase. Damien was not my salesman, but Damien took time out of his day and gave my wife a free hour and a half hands-on lesson on all of the features in the Advanced model. He was great. He’s a Prius lover himself and would fit in perfectly here on PriusChat. I happen to live here now, but if I lived a thousand miles away, I would not hesitate for one second to fly here and buy from Langway. Yes, the prices are that good and their service was outstanding.

Let’s get down to what I paid:

2017 Prius Prime Advanced, Hypersonic Red, All-weather Mats, Alloy Wheel Locks
    MSRP after Delivery Processing & Handling Fee: $34,693
    Their Yellow Tag Car Price was $31,235
    NE Region Cashback was $3,125
    Military Discount Cashback was $750
    Price Paid before fees: $27,360

Unavoidable Fees that everyone has to pay:
    Doc Prep Fee: $200 (very fair, many dealers charge $400)
    Temp Plate Fee: $24

I don’t see any reason to include the registration, title, and sales tax since they are non-negotiable and vary depending on your location.

And that was it. We qualify for the full $4,502 tax credit, so when all is said and done, excluding tax, title, and registration, we will have paid $23,082 for a Prius Prime Advanced with All-Weather Mats and Allow Wheel Locks. That is over $10,000 off MSRP and is one heck of a good deal. :)

20. NJ-PrimeAdvanced

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Wow, this is the best deal I have seen so far on the Prius Advanced... puts my deal at $29,500 to a shame!

Colorado303 and bps like this.