1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2017 Prius Prime

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by SeattleBicycler, May 15, 2017.

1. SeattleBicycler

SeattleBicycler Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced

Has anyone changed out the wheels on their 2017 Prius Prime?

If so, can you share some pictures and details on the wheels?

Thank you!

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  3. Yankee3

Yankee3 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Sorry I haven't got pics of the wheels but yes some of us have already changed out a tire. For me it was on its way from Ct. to our home in TN when I cut a tire in VA mountains outside of Buena Vista. The wheels are of course alloy but not exactly esthetically exciting. The question for me is with all the technology in this vehicle, and endless information the Toyota provides why don't they give you a read out of each tires air pressure the way my 2012 camry xle has. It would not have helped me in this situation because the cut was fatal but of course I still tried to you the inflator seal system that is supplied. In the end I had yo get towed anyways, Anyone who has this vehicle should consider run flat tires at the end of life of the original set of toyos. It might give some of us some sense of security. I did figure out how to seperate the bottle from the pump . Does anyone out there have experience using store purchased goop to fill the container. Purchasing a Toyota replacement for this item for $100.00 is not in my future. The question is does any replacement work.

#3 Yankee3, Oct 23, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2017