1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2017 Prius V both keys fob don't work but car runs

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by RiverRat2, Jul 6, 2018.

1. RiverRat2

RiverRat2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    Key fob stopped remotely locking and unlocking car. Brought out spare - it didn't work. Changed fob battery. Still not working.
    Went to dealership. Clueless after having car for 8 hours. Dealership is not my 1st choice for any service except warrantied work and freebies. They still have car. They have until end of business tomorrow.
    Anyone have this issue and, if so, what was the fix or diagnostic?
    Thank you - I am incredibly frustrated

2. hchu1

hchu1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    They should be able to find your problem, try another dealership. I know that's not much help, hopefully others with more knowledge on this subject will see your post.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!

sounds like a 12v problem. newer car, i know, but it happens. how many miles on her?

4. Starship16

Starship16 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Maybe you could check in the vehicle settings. I noticed there's an option in there for remote door unlocking: On/Off. Hopefully the dealer checked? Maybe it got turned off somehow.

#4 Starship16, Jul 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  5. shanecrow99

shanecrow99 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I know this probably doesn't help but from previous experience I know that the smart key and the remote unlock functions are completely separate systems within the car. So it is not crazy to see that your smart key can start the car but remote unlock doesn't work.

Does your smart key still unlock the door when you touch the drivers door?