1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2018 Buick Regal Sportback and TourX Wagon

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Tideland Prius, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow. I thought the Regal was going to struggle after a bit of an identity crisis (IMO) between the larger Lacrosse and the smaller Verano. This new one-two punch will certainly help Buick tap a potentially new battleground (Recall that Kia will be offering their own version of the sportback family car - Kia Stinger in RWD or AWD)

Aaron Vitolins likes this.
  2. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I am actually surprised that we are getting this in the US. Guess Toyota and Honda gave up on the Venza and Crosstour too soon.

Maybe Kia will respond by bringing over their Optima Sportswagon, and its PHEV mate.

Tideland Prius likes this.
  3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's too late for the Camry since the new generation will be launched this fall. Next up is the Corolla and Avalon replacements. Not sure how far along they are.

Ideally, Toyota would've thought about this for the Prius v replacement (now that the R4h sorta replaces it in North America)

4. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I would think the Auris wagon could easily be brought over for a Corolla wagon/Matrix.

With TNGV, it will be interesting to see the next Corolla. Will Toyota merge the Corolla North America and maybe China gets into one model with the Auris?