1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2021 Canadian models and larger screen

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by Rebeldoc, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Rebeldoc

Rebeldoc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm In Canada and looking at 2021 with Technology and AWD. The upgraded Technology vs regular Technology comes with a bigger screen but no Android (weirdly it has Android on the smaller screen) and a few more features.
    Is it better to save the money and get the regular Tech or are the upgrades (HUD, garage door opener, intelligent clearance sonar with parking assist, autoleveling headlamps) including the screen worth it?

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I think models with larger screen also nix more of the physical buttons, leave you with only touch screen for controls. Not sure which but either heating/ventilating or radio related. Someone more in the know may clarify.

3. AzWxGuy

AzWxGuy Weather Guy

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    It comes down to personal preference really. And an estimated additional expense of about $3500. It is interesting what all this fancy tech can do, including the self-parking features which I personally will probably never use. The lack of physical buttons to reach for in the dark is distracting as you have to take your eyes off the road for a moment to locate the spot on the large center screen. But many of the frequently used features are included in a vast array of steering wheel buttons. The Lane Keeping Assistant is nearly a self-driving feature, which I guess will prepare us for the future. Most everything is useful with little gimmickry. I was hoping for an Android Auto OS, but what I have is sufficient. It would be nice if they could include the Toyota Remote Connect feature in this build (he says, holding out hope for a future upgrade...)