1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2021 Prius le awd-e a/c system

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by lovebirds, Sep 8, 2023.

1. lovebirds

lovebirds Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    I have a 2021 Prius le awde that I purchased brand new and it has 6300 miles. I was told I need to have my a/c serviced and cleaned. Now my a/c is working perfect and I changed the cabin filter myself, it wasn’t even that dirty. They also told me it needed an alignment and fuel injector system cleaned. I feel like they are trying to get me to have service not needed done. I previously had a 2010 Prius which I had serviced regularly yet never needed a/c cleaned only replace cabin filter. Alignment done when tires replaced. Can anyone tell me what is normal for a 2021 le awde with so little miles and garaged. Thanks in advance.

bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    they have to make up for the lack of car sales by improving the service departments bottom line.

unfortunately, that has caused a business model built on lying to be taken to another level.

hold on to your money, and follow the maintenance schedule that came with your car.

Mendel Leisk and lovebirds like this.
  3. FuelMiser

FuelMiser Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Reject their “offers”. You don’t need to do these.

4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Maybe this dealership should be named.

For what it’s worth, it was around 10 years and 90,000 kms (60,000 miles) when I first replaced our cabin filter.

Fuel injector cleaning and wheel alignment at such low miles is preposterous.

#4 Mendel Leisk, Sep 9, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2023
    chinarut and lovebirds like this.
  5. sylvaing

sylvaing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Never in my cars since 1993 did I have to have my AC serviced and clean. On my Model 3 though, it's common for have the cabin evaporator serviced since it can accumulate mildew and the car starts to smell like dirty socks when you turn the AC on. Mine is a 2021 and hasn't needed that 'service' yet.

lovebirds likes this.
  6. Doug McC

Doug McC Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    I’m all for being proactive when it comes to preventative maintenance. Having said that, I am totally against wasting money on unnecessary maintenance. The dealership is hoping to play on what they think your fears are. You absolutely don’t need these services! And probably never will.

lovebirds likes this.