2021 Radio in a 2020

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by renegade817, Nov 22, 2021.

1. renegade817

renegade817 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Hi everyone! I bought a 2020 Prius last September (2020) and my only regret was not being able to snag a 2021 for Android Auto. I stalked junk yards until I found a radio from a 2021 Prius. I installed it and everything works wonderfully- except the Toyota app. I can't see my mileage, fuel gauge, or tire pressure anymore. I tried putting in the VIN for the donor 2021 but no luck there either. Any idea how I can get the Toyota app to work again?

I'm mainly interested in the tire pressure. I know there are other apps that can do it, but the Toyota app (when it works) is slightly more convenient.

2. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry - don't know. It could be as complex as one of the computers not being compatible. They are fairly complex these days, and you never know what's hand-shaking with what.

3. MIkeDr

MIkeDr Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Assuming you have the non-11 inch screen, your best bet would be to go with an aftermarket receiver. Kenwood makes the same size. And larger sizes.

4. 228Prius

228Prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    I am not familiar with the Toyota app, but you could have simply paid your local Toyota dealership and they can update the software to include Android Auto on your old headunit.