1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2023 LE - Wet Okole seat questions

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Jim Stoll, Sep 4, 2023.

1. Jim Stoll

Jim Stoll Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    I am expecting delivery of a 2023 LE in the next few weeks. I do a lot of outdoor stuff, and am regularly getting into the car sweaty, muddy, sandy, wet, etc, so want to get seat covers onto the front seats from the get-go. It sounds like Wet Okole neoprene covers would be a good choice, from reading various posts on the forums here. The 'Questions' section on the Wet Okole order page include the following that I don't know the answer to. Can anyone fill me in on these, please?

- Number of front seat side impact airbags (options are "1 on Drivers seat, 1 on Passenger seat" or "2 on Drivers seat, 1 on Passenger seat". The online owner's manual seems to show only one bag on the side of each front seat, but it's just an illustration, and doesn't provide much in the way of details)

- Does the car have built-in front seat lumbar support? (from looking at the owner's manual, it seems the manual seats do not, but wanted to double check)

- Front seat headrest attachment (one-post or two-post - manual shows 2 posts for rear seats (in the context of child seat use), but doesn't show any detail about front seat headrests)

Also seeking input on whether the half-piping option provides any practical benefit over no piping? (ie, increased wear protection on the seat edges or such. Alternatively, would piping tend to wear through faster than non-piping, just due to raking across it more often than a flat seam?). I wouldn't want to be sitting on piping in the full-piping option, and am even wondering if I'd want the piping potentially running under my legs at the front of the seat on the half-piping option, but would welcome input from those who have used these or similar seat covers.

The Prius will be red exterior and light-grey interior. I'm planning to order light-grey center color on the seat covers (the outer color is apparently always black). If anyone has had light-grey neoprene covers before, and had any particular issue with them staining or such, I'd be interested in hearing your experiences. (While I get into the car in a less-than-clean state regularly, I do tend to clean and dry the seats up after I'm done.)

Thanks for any info!

tovli likes this.
  2. CooCooCaChoo

CooCooCaChoo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Airbags, on page 35 of owner's manual.
    - 2 front
    - 2 front side
    - 2 rear side
    - 2 curtain

No lumbar on support on manual seats.

Headrests are two posts all around.

3. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I can't imagine having rubber seat covers.

Cold and clammy in the winter.
    HOT and sweaty in the summer.

How about something you can throw over the drivers seat when
    needed and then can be removed to wash after.

4. Jim Stoll

Jim Stoll Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    Thanks @CooCooCaChoo - I'd found that same page in the manual, but wan't sure if the 'B' was showing just one bag. But it looks like it's just one bag on the side of each seat. Appreciate the confirmation on the lumbar support and headrest posts!

@sam spade 2 - I understand your concern, but I had a set of (much cheaper) neoprene covers on a Honda years back, and found them to be very comfy year around, and super durable. (I'll admit, I remember a sweaty back on a few occasions in summer, but nothing worse than what I get on my 2008 Prius leather seats in summer.) In truth, I remember them actually feeling comparatively warm in the winter vs the regular cloth seats in the Honda. Those were black, though, so my biggest concern on the new ones is how the light-grey might possibly stain over time. One of the reasons for getting another Prius is that I can fit my bicycle in the back (with front wheel removed). I ride several days each week, and am regularly getting into the car sweaty and dirty, so having something durable and cleanable on the seats all the time is really what I need. (That's a definite plus for my '08 leather seats - they clean up very easily, but alas, the new LE just has cloth seats, which I'd make a complete mess of within a week or two.)