1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2023 Toyota Corolla LE

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Leadfoot J. McCoalroller, Aug 30, 2023.

1. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    ...is the rental of the week.

Hats off to Toyota! Just a lovely little car.

The cabin feels cramped due to the presence of a center console. I don't like center consoles in any car, which is one reason I love our Prius c. Gimme a shifter on the floor and room to man-spread! Also, it lacks an external trunk release. You must bend over and use the floor-mount thing next to the gas-door popper. Or fiddle with the remote.

There, I'm done with the negatives! Everything else about this car is great. Excellent road manners, fun to drive, clear & easy-to-use instruments and controls.

The carplay system can work wirelessly... but allows you to use it as USB-connected for snappier response to controls. (This was a complaint I've had about late model GM cars- the carplay is laggy as heck and is wireless-only, there's no option to use USB link instead.)

The radar cruise is smooth and intuitive, maybe even better than what I found in the 2022 Camry LE I liked so much last season. Plenty of power and the transmission is almost as smooth as a Prius.

Automatic climate control is quiet and effective. Trunk space is great given the small overall size of the car.

It's super easy to see out of, no need for blind spot monitoring or beepy bumpers.

I look forward to (someday) trying the hatchback version of this car- I could see it being a great replacement for our Prius c when the day comes.

#1 Leadfoot J. McCoalroller, Aug 30, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2023
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i came this close to buying the hybrid hatchback, nice looking car, and roomy

3. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Ah, how close is that?

In the USA you can get a Corolla Hybrid or a Corolla Hatchback, but you can't get a Corolla Hatchback Hybrid. o_O

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    maybe that's where i drew the line. i've looked at so many models, my brain is fried :p

5. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    It's been a long time since I've rented (or otherwise driven) a Corolla. They've improved considerably. Still very impressed with this car.

It isn't the right size or shape to replace anything in our family motor pool, but it comes off as a real standout for a small sedan.