1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2024 Prime XSE - Accessing trip meters in the cabin

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by Wiyosaya, Jan 17, 2024.

1. Wiyosaya

Wiyosaya Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    Finally got rid of my 2006 and I picked up a 2024 Prime XSE last Saturday, and I am mystified by how to access/reset/read the trip meters on the main display (not the multimedia display).

The manual shows an "ODO/Trip" button on the left side of the steering wheel, however, the only thing that is there in the car is a "joystick" with an OK button in the center, and the manual seems to indicate that the ODO/Trip button is on the right side of the joystick, but that does not match the buttons there at all. Its a joystick, not individual button. Is this a goof-up or what? I tried walking through the menu items that are accessed from the joystick, and maybe I'm missing something, but there was nothing in the menu items that said "Trip Meters" or anything like it.

Has anyone figured out how to access the trip meters while in the car? The manual seems to have nothing else about accessing/resetting the trip meters in any other way.

And yes, I know that at least some of my trips are displayed in the Toyota app, but there seems to be no way to access each of the trip meters individually in the app, and much less reset them or anything else.

What am I missing?

2. 23PriLE

23PriLE Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    It's not on the steering wheel it's on the dashboard to the left of the wheel. It's a little hard to see because the wheel blocks the view.

Wiyosaya likes this.
  3. Wiyosaya

Wiyosaya Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    Thanks. I just realized that from reading the manual more closely. DOH! IMO, from the picture in the manual where it is shown, its easily confused unless you go one page further where it shows the switches on the steering wheel.
    Thanks again.

4. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    In older Prius people will make short videos about how to do this... I bet if you search youtube, Facebook or Instagram you'll find one. And if you do please post it here.