1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2024 Prius Digital Key

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Cc103acs, Apr 4, 2024.

1. Cc103acs

Cc103acs New Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    Does an iPhone IOS update delete your digital key? It was loaded and working and now it’s not. Update downloaded last night.

2. Approximate Pseudonym

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    Mine deletes the digital key daily since the v2.5 iOS update. It is impossible to get the key back without reinstalling the app.

I can uninstall/reinstall the app and get the key configured again, but a day later and the key is gone. As a result, I stopped using it.

The key mostly worked fine before that app update.

3. otatrant

otatrant Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    I have had to re download the key only once. If I remember correctly it may have occurred after several days of the car sitting. I remember all I had to do was click in the app to redownload the key and the process while a little annoying only taking a minute or two. I stopped using my regular key and just use my digital key now and carry the physical key that you can remove from one of the fobs in case the battery dies and I need to get into the car manually.

I am using an iPhone 11 and get a little annoyed by the time it can take for the app and car to recognize each-other. One big plus of the digital key though is not having to carry around the oddly shaped key fob.