1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

20k mile service

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by xs650, Jan 30, 2013.

1. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I will be one of the first to knock poor service, so in fairness here goes a good service report.

I took my Gen III in for its 20k mile service today and it was a pleasant experience.
    I went to Magnussen Toyota in Auburn CA expecting to pay for the service because I have had the car 6 months past the 24 months free service agreement. They made the freebie service work so no charge for that.

I also had the transmission oil changed. Other than the service adviser telling me it wasn't necessary there was no trouble getting it done for 1/2 hour labor. I already had the 4 qts of WS and crush washers so it cost $60. They also took a UOA sample for me in the bottle I provided

The only upsell they tried was an offer to replace the failing rear windshield wiper rubber for $6. I already had new rubber at home or would have had them do all the blade's rubber.

The Critic likes this.
  2. mad-dog-one

mad-dog-one Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----USA----
    My draft board was in Auburn. Other than that, I have fond memories of Auburn.

3. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    That is nice to hear about good service experiences. Most reports on PC are less than desirable.

It will be interesting to see what your transaxle fluid UOA reports.