1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

'23 XLE Software Update without Toyota App?

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Audio, Electronics and Infotainment' started by reptilian, Jun 28, 2024 at 1:25 PM.

1. reptilian

reptilian New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Does anyone know if it's possible to download & install firmware & infotainment updates without having to use the Toyota App? I connected the car to Wi-Fi and it says no updates available... while also not having a button to check for updates.
    Is this something that's supposed to happen OTA (over the air) or only from the app? Could a dealership do the update if requested, for free?
    I'm pretty sure my 23 XLE has had zero updates in over 6 months.
    And another question, would these updates also update the car functionality (improving the camera software, drive assist, bug fixes), or do they only apply to the screen and entertainment?

2023 Toyota Prius XLE, Guardian Gray
    2019 Toyota Prius Limited, Premium JBL Package, Electric Storm Blue (traded)
    2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, Smoked Quartz Metallic (traded)
    2010 Toyota Prius IV, Solar Roof Package, Blue Ribbon Metallic (traded)
    2006 Toyota Prius, Package #8, Classic Silver Metallic (sold)
    2000 Toyota Celica GT-S, Liquid Silver Metallic (traded)
    1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24, Black (traded)

2. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Manual says you need to be all signed up to get OTA updates. I've not seen any updates, but then I've not heard that there have been any updates in Europe for people who are signed up.

I did have a couple of "update error" indications though that went away. Apparently if there was an update it would prompt you for when to install it, which can take a while.

I think there may have been some US updates, but no user-visible changes in them.

I believe the updates could cover stuff like drive assist.