1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

230 MPH Road going Electric Vehicle !

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by C.RICKEY HIROSE, Jan 20, 2008.

1. C.RICKEY HIROSE

Forget about Tesla, this is the one for the Sport car minded driver.

Has 350 Li-ion Batteries! 60kw per wheels x 8 wheelers @ 80hp per motor. Attached to each wheel.

Most of Japan's Auto manufacturers not interested to help develop it.

Eliica Project.
    http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/visitors/igac ... 24.html.en

The first case study deals with the electric car project. Keiichi Tsutsumi of Electric Vehicle Laboratory talks about Eliica car, which has recorded a top speed of 370 kph.

Eliica -short for Electric Lithium-Ion battery Car- is an eco-car powered by lithium ion battery with high-level performance. Its outstanding features are increased mileage per charge and shortened recharging time. The Eliica Project aims to bring this environment -friendly car to the market. At the moment, two running prototypes have been developed and are undergoing tests to prove their safety and performance as passenger vehicles. Car No. 1 is meant for high-speed test driving and has recorded a top speed of 370 kph. while Car No. 2 has acquired car license to run on public roads. The project will continue further research and modification to make Eliica practically usable.

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Who needs to go that fast?

3. C.RICKEY HIROSE

It is a statement to make. According to Profs, Tsutsumi and Shimizu,
    of Keio University, the electric vehicle has been viewed as beeing very slow.

4. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i would rather have a tesla. this car has been around for a while. i've seen it before... several years ago.

5. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That meets my personal definition of a sports car like I can't believe it's not butter meets my definition of titanium.

A sports car is light and nimble not just fast.

6. dipper

dipper Senior Member

Uh? This car is still prototype. They are firing staffs and execs left and right to try to put their product into production.

And their customers are worried and I heard some are asking for their deposits back.

So I don't know how this car can be around for awhile or how you can buy this thing now.... it is almost like the Chevy Volt.... just a little better. Not so (better) if you have 10s of thousands of dollar lost if they flop.

7. John in LB

John in LB Life is good

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    What they didn't tell you was that it ran out of juice after it went around the track twice... OOPS.... :eek:

8. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    It's been around for about 2 years ... longer then the Tesla. Any guess why it never went into production? It'd be nice, but we all know how to spell V A P O R W A R E. At least the Tesla, with all of its issues, has a business plan, and financial backing.

9. C.RICKEY HIROSE

I saw the feature in NHK Japan goverment broadcasting abut 5 years a go and saw it again in HD tv network. The 2 proffessors, at Keio university travelling with this Eliica EV from manufacturer's proving ground to other.
    The last one I have seen were at the Mitsubishi Motors.

They are still pursuing Business fund backers, institutional or Manufacturer's but not getting any favourable answers so far.