1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

28 days old Prius car accident yesterday

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Mr Kermet, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Mr Kermet

Mr Kermet New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    We have a 28 days old Toyota Prius got a car accident yesterday. My wife driving it and was struck by a Honda Civic. Damages (dent) at the right front and back fenders, scratches at both right doors and front rim scratched too. Good thing my wife is safe. It sucks when that things happens, we don't even have a license plate on it. Now the car is on my garage and waiting for a adjustor. I'm glad my wife was safe, it's only a car that can be replace and fix.....;)

2. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Sorry to hear about your car but glad your wife is OK. It's got great safety features. Many PC members have had their cars totalled and walked away with only minor bruises and scrapes. Hopefully yours is repairable so you don't have to wait for a replacement. Pictures yet?

3. ravenmaniac

ravenmaniac Senior Executive VP of Nothing

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    How did you get your car on the garage? Do you have pics of that? Please share:)

4. MagneticGrayIndy

MagneticGrayIndy 06Prius;94M Miata;65Rambler770

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    yeah it sucks.. less than a month after we bought our prius in '06 someone backed into it in a parking garage.. and drove off of course. Not too much damage, new tailight, new bumper cover, small paint/repair to hatch..

Of course a couple months after that I made the brilliant decision to back out of the garage before putting the hatch down!! new spoiler/paint.. a bit of metal banging....

oh well.. they're just things

5. kohnen

kohnen Grumpy, Cranky Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Yup. Sucks, Sucks, Sucks, Sucks, Sucks!!!!!

I bought my Prius on a Saturday. The following Thursday (she didn't even let me have it for a week!) I got rear-ended by a woman who wasn't paying attention on the freeway.

I got out and said "You couldn't even let me have it for a week, could you?" She said she was sorry and would pay for it. I told her "You certianly will."

It took the body shop 2 trys to get it right (the first time, they put it back together with slightly bent impact absorbers on the bumper even though I EXPLICITLY pointed out to them that it was minorly bent).

The second time, they replaced the impact absorbers, but put the bumper cover on wrong. I was able to fix that without going back.

I guess I shouldn't be too annoyed - For me it's just an unpleasant memory right now. For her, it is 3 years of very high insurance bills and an at-fault accident on her record.

At least you got almost 6 times as much time driving than I did.