1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2K2 Prius Battery level question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by kirbinster, Jul 11, 2005.

1. kirbinster

kirbinster Member

I don't have the 8 bars like the newer cars, just a picture of a battery that fills depending on the level. I have only seen it at two different levels, what I will call 3/4 and 1/2 -- it is rare to see it at anything other than 3/4. Question -- does it ever get full, and does it ever go below 1/2?

2. vincent1449p

vincent1449p Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    It is perfectly normal.

The newer NHW20 improves on the SOC display by having 8 divisions instead of 4 and it also has 3 colors; pink, blue & green to give a better differentiation at a quick glance.

You rarely see 1/4 or full is just like they rarely see pink or green unless you drive in a hilly terrain.

Vincent

3. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kirbinster\";p=\"106300)</div>
    yes it will get full and yes it will go down to just a thin green line at the bottom. Full is 80%BSOC and the thin line is 50%. A couple of miles of 10% grade up a hill and down will show you both ends of the spectrum. Anything in between is perfectly normal. I'm currently at 62.5% BSOC and it's at 3/4 full. I get the numbers with a MiniScanner on the OBD11 port and gives me a continuous readout. Battery voltages is 304 volts with the above reading.

4. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yup, it's normal. The only time I've ever had a "full" battery, was when I was driving along I-70 west of Denver. The lowest I've seen was 1/4 charge, making time up the north side of Raton pass.