1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2nd gen headlight upgrade in 2024

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by lex, Aug 16, 2024 at 2:45 AM.

1. lex

lex 2010 trim level V Prius & a 2005, always garaged

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    After touring the forum, I thought I'd inquire, in 2024, what headlight upgrades (which bulbs) are solid recommendations now for a 2nd generation 2005 Prius. Improved visibility is sought, on low beams. All price levels are fine. Thanks in advance

2. Has Raf

Has Raf New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Would LED bulbs be an easy plug n play option? Or better to go with upgraded halogen bulbs?

3. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    You'll have to try them out put one on each side and see what you like they don't cost enough to be worried about it if you throw them in a drawer you can sell them to some other person. Do you have HID lights or halogens in the car now from the factory for the HIDs that make a great LED conversion that uses the shutters in the HID and everything and they're quite bright I have them in my JBL CD changer vehicle with HIDs and they've been in there for a while like them a lot If you're the kind of person that likes to take things apart you can buy a set of used very good condition factory original headlights put them in the oven less than 200 for about 40 minutes and get them hot peel the lenses off and then you can have your way with the interior of the lamp adding marimoto projectors and all kinds of LEDs and Halo rings and flashing things and all kinds of kid-like stuff that they put on these things now. If you look on Facebook in the Facebook groups you'll see all of the Asian kids with the generation twos with lights on them that look like they spent a week or so putting together I just saw some yesterday If you search the forums in Asia you can find people that will sell them to you Nice looking ones too some are really gaudy but some are done pretty well none of this stuff is really thought of for huge lighting actually a lot of it is for mostly bling Halo rings and different colors and all that sort of things what I'm talking about so it just depends where you are and what it is you really want to do but there are plenty of the kids in the groups that are playing with all of this stuff some do really nice work others not so much so you kind of have to be in the click and understand what's going on some people here in the States have done the same thing some guys don't mind doing it for other people then we'll charge for it others not so much to me it's really boring work and I'll let others mess with that stuff I don't really spend that much time driving at night anymore it's become quite unsafe actually to be out messing around at night with all that's going on in the present climate of the country we live in You might not be driving your car again in some places so yeah I'll skip the bottom of the night time stuff.