1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2nd owner of an '04 seeks shop manuals

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by 1rocketman, Aug 31, 2008.

1. 1rocketman

1rocketman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius

My wife and I recently purchased a used 2004 from the original owner, and I'm looking for advice on where I can get factory shop manuals.

The car only had about 25k miles on it, and the factory Goodyears are pretty worn from being underinflated - so I'm also looking for tire recommendations. The tires were consistently at 35 psi, and as soon as I bumped them up to 38 psi, our mpg increased.

It looks like there is a lot of information on this forum, so I'll be digging around for more information over time.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The actual Toyota shop manuals can be purchased from your dealer in 3 huge volumes for an exhorbatant price. Or you can get them online for a cheaper price, but in a difficult to download format that you have to use Adobe to search for what you want. Or you can often find cheap pirated digital copies of the online manual on Ebay and elsewhere. They're illegal, but cheap and on disk so it won't clutter your HD.

But what I recommend is the Bentley Manual. Very complete. Very easy to use. And cheap..http://www.amazon.com/dp/product/0837615534?tag=priuschatcom-20